Login: your access to the Smart Logistics System
One of the biggest security risks with a computer is still the potential decryption of user names / password. For this reason, at TIMOCOM we do not assign any passwords for identification purposes. As a TIMOCOM customer you download your personal security access key, called Login. Once the download has been installed and activated you will have an authorised and convenient access to the Smart Logistics System from your computer.
The same security standards apply even when accessing the TIMOCOM platform via the mobile app. Login as part of transport barometer app, together with an individual PIN, is your access to your personal TIMOCOM account.
- Receive a personal security access key by downloading Login
- Convenient access to the system
- Access only for authorised users
- No combination of user name / password susceptible to spying!
One of our biggest strengths - Technical security
The TIMOCOM security network includes consistent investment in the most modern IBM and Oracle technology. As a TIMOCOM customer, you have a high-class, high-tech platform at your disposal, for fast and secure operations.
There are no unpleasant surprises with TIMOCOM: two geographically separated and independent data centres with the highest level of security ensure you can work round-the-clock. Even in a worse case scenario, the servers are always available thanks to a complete backup system so that the TIMOCOM Smart Logistics System will continue to provide the quality you are used to.
As an IT specialist, TIMOCOM offers:
- Certified and energy efficient data centres
- Secure transmission of data thanks to the encrypted SSL connection
- 24/7 monitoring and operating with own IT department
- Multiple redundant internet connections
- Powerful firewall and multi-layer anti-virus systems
- All data is "Hosted in Germany“
\”We treat your data with special care! Which is the reason TIMOCOM carries the quality seal "Hosted in Germany": data is hosted in Germany and therefore subject to German law - to be exact, to the German Data Protection Act, which is one of the strictest in Europe."
Marco Haack Director IT Infrastructure & Services
Strictly regulated TIMOCOM system access
Business with TIMOCOM - transparent, clear, competent. In order to provide our customers with the level of security they expect, companies that wish to work with the system have to meet specific requirements. More than 130,000 TIMOCOM users are already in good hands when it comes to security. Our strict access protocols mean that becoming a TIMOCOM customer is now a mark of quality.
Secure in the spot and contract market
- Access to the exchange is generally permitted after 6 months corporate existence
- Authentication of important business documents before conclusion of a contract
- Verification of every new customer
- Permanent customer monitoring even after conclusion of a contract
Together for your rights
Unfortunately, not everyone pays their invoices on time. If it happens to you, TIMOCOM’s international debt collection service is here to help. They take action quickly and without complications and find out whether or not you can expect to receive your money. Another TIMOCOM advantage is that international customers are looked after by native speakers of their own language.
Our debt collection department also has a very special side effect: the majority of companies who want to join the TIMOCOM network are reliable and trustworthy.Find out more >
Play it safe by checking in advance
Our job is to ensure our customers can use the TIMOCOM system efficiently and securely every day. Since transactions are carried out directly between the parties involved, commercial due diligence must be exercised by everyone.Infographic on TIMOCOM Identify
Check your business partner's identity:
- request that your business partner send you a print-out of the relevant offer from the TIMOCOM system. You can immediately check whether they have access to the Smart Logistics System.
- Have a look at your potential business partner's company profile. With the document feature, frequently requested documents should have been uploaded to the profile for identification purposes.
- Compare the information in the uploaded documents with the company's information in their company profile.
- Compare the contact person's details, for example, whether name, phone number and e-mail address are identical to the data in the company profile.
Should you still have reasonable doubt about the potential business partner after performing this check, TIMOCOM Identify will assist you in identifying your potential partner.
What you need for an identification order:
- Print of the offer on the TIMOCOM system sent to you by your potential business partner
- Copy of the documents uploaded in the company profile and/or company documents received from the business partner
- Complete order form including the reasons for your concern
E-mail or fax the completed documents to TIMOCOM:
+49 211 88 26 12 00
A free comprehensive check by the TIMOCOM identify team should be completed within a maximum 5 working hours. You will receive a written answer - weekdays between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
What you can do to keep your business clean
With the innovative, multidimensional security net, TIMOCOM ensures that your business runs smoothly. You can also increase your own security significantly with simple means and measures. Here are some tips which can help.
Your business partner verification checklist
The most important rules for honest business transactions
TIMOCOM verifies new customers before they receive access to the European Smart Logistics System. This means the basics are already done for you. But you too can do something on a daily basis to improve your security.Find out more
All you need to do is follow a few steps which help you to considerably minimise the risk of dishonest business partners, even prior to signing a contract. For this purpose, TIMOCOM has put together a list of the most important tasks for the verification of new business partners. Find more tips on how to avoid cargo theft in the following article about the pan-European campaign by TIMOCOM and SCHUNCK.Business partner verification checklist
Your security check list against cargo theft
This checklist helps protect your company against fraud
Bad seeds are nothing new in the transport industry. What's new is that fraudsters are becoming increasingly brazen. That makes it all the more important to adopt effective means and measures to help prevent fraud and theft.Find out more
Working together, TIMOCOM GmbH and OSCAR SCHUNCK AG & CO. KG have developed a detailed checklist for companies to assist in verifying the identity of their business partners even prior to signing a contract. We advise the respective employee in charge to download the security check and verify the executing transport service provider's integrity by answering the listed questions.Checklist for preventing freight theft